2 cups medjool dates
1 cup pecan nuts
2 Tablespoons of Cacao powder
1 cup peanut butter
2 Tablespoons Agave Syrup
1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- Roast the Pecan nuts in a pan and then place them in a blender until it has a flour like texture
- Mix the dates, pecan nuts, and cacao until it has a nice dough like texture
- Grease the baking form with a bit of coconut oil so that it will be easier to take out the pieces after.
- Place the mixture into the form and spread it out evenly.
- In a pan heat up the peanut butter, agave syrup and coconut oil.
- Once it’s liquid pour it on the date mixture.
- Your peanutbutter- chocolate brownies are almost ready. All you need to do now is to cover the form with a foil, place it in the fridge for about 2 hours and enjoy it after
The Feel-Good Element:
‘My gut feeling tells me…’ There’s a lot of truth to this saying. Did you know that scientists discovered a so-called second brain, which influences our mood and well- being? That second brain is our gut, our digestive system. There’s a complex network of neurons with important neurotransmitters lining our digestive system. These are connected to the brain in our head and besides influencing our physical health they have been found to determine our mental state as well.
This amazing Peanut butter Brownie supports the health of our ‘second brain’ and with that your mood and well- being. Pecan nuts and dates are rich in fiber, which helps maintaining a healthy digestive system.
Feeling stressed? Grab a Peanut butter brownie. The high amount of potassium in these brownies boosts your nervous system health, the natural sugar gives you energy and the vitamins provided help you handle stress.