½ cup kidney beans
½ Red Bell Pepper
1 Garlic Clove
1 tbsp tomato paste
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika Powder
1 tsp Olive Oil
- Let the kidney beans simmer in water for about 45 minutes (they have to be soaked in water over night). Do the same with the brown rice.
- Cut the onion and garlic, fry them in olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes and red bell pepper and add them to the fried onion together with the tomato paste, add a little bit of water, salt, pepper and paprika powder. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir frequently
- Prepare the Guacamole by mashing the avocado and adding the juice of the lemon
- Once your rice and beans are done, your meal is ready
The Feel-Good Element:
This is a nourishing and warming easy-to-make dish. It is a great one for your digestive system. Kidney beans and brown rice are rich in fiber, which keeps your digestive tract healthy. A healthy digestive system has been found to improve overall physical health and has also been linked to psychological well- being. The avocado supports this effect on your psychological well- being with it’s high content of omega-3, an essential fatty acid, which helps regulate the brain’s neurotransmitters and stabilize mood.