Within the next weeks I’ll be sharing some easy-to-make highly nutritious breakfast cookies/bars. They are perfect for breastfeeding moms. All of them are easy to prepare, can be stored, and are high in nutrition. Breastfeeding (and taking care of a baby) is energy draining for the body and it is therefore very important to eat nutritious food. These cookies and bars are not just great for breastfeeding moms but anyone who does not like to spend time on preparing breakfast every morning or can be used as snacks throughout the day.
I am always hungry in the mornings and even more so since breastfeeding. As a mommy though my mornings are devoted to spending time with our baby. Especially after giving birth I did not have time or energy to make breakfast, but was always hungry. That’s why I love these cookies and bars. All of the cookies and bars are dense in nutrition providing you with energy and a variety of nutrients. You can prepare a large amount on days where you have more time and then store them for days where you don’t have time.
20 Medjool Dates
1 Cup Oats
½ Cup Almond Flour
½ Cup Whole meal flour
3 Tbsp. Flax seeds
6 Tbsp. Water
2 Tbsp. Coconut oil
2 Tbsp. Agave Syrup
1 tsp. baking powder
- Grind the flax seeds, mix them with the water and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes
- Cut the medjool dates into small pieces, sprinkle some flour on them so that they won’t stick together
- Mix all ingredients (heat up the coconut oil before so that it’s liquid)
- Form cookies either with your hands or a tablespoon and put them on the baking tray
- Place the baking tray in the oven & cook your cookies on 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes